HELP ME LORD!

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strengths, they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 NIV

Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 5 - The New Book

Have you ever reached a point in your life when you think, "I just can't do this - especially now." After having worked through the outlines for the first thirteen chapter, I was beginning to feel that way and so I quit for the night, feeling just a little sorry for myself for all the work I have to do and all of the other things that need to be done as well. Then I flipped over to check my emails and this is what I found.

My college freshman roommate and I have recently reconnected and she sent me an email about an artist who does magnificent pencil drawings of animals. I was thoroughly enjoying looking at them but keep thinking about what she had said at the beginning..."read the last part of the email." So, I did. The artist is named Doug Landis and his work is known as Mouth Art because he has no hands. He does all of his fabulous drawings with his pencil in his mouth. Check him out on the Internet. You will be glad you did.

That was today's inspiration. The end of the email said: "We find excuses for not doing things because of imperfect facilities but where there is a will there is a way."

The first draft of the first thirteen chapters is completed and the rough draft for the last eight chapters are well on their way. Yes, I am tired. But I do have the will and I will find the way.

Stay tuned. We will have a new book soon.

No comments: